Thursday, February 21, 2013

Breakfast with limits

Good morning Crushers!

Steve and I are going up north (near Lake Superior) for skiing this weekend with a group of friends. We offered to bring things for breakfast since it's unclear if the lodge has anything and we don't really want to pay for every meal while we're up there.

When you are limited to what you can fit in a cooler, I feel like this trip will be a lot like packing food for a camping trip. When we camp, we put all our non-cooler items in a tote and keep it in the back of the truck so no animals get to our cereal and things, and the cooler is packed tight! When summer rolls around, I'll be sure to share some favorite camping meals with you.

What to do about breakfast, though? I would feel kind of silly packing a crock pot and making the ever-popular breakfast egg bake in our hotel room. I guess it could be done, but I just feel weird about that. What do you think?

Anyway, here is what we are bringing for breakfast and snacks:
  • Bagels and cream cheese
  • Oatmeal (with our camping utensils and bowls)
  • Fruit
  • Milk
  • Juice
  • Pancake Mix (we do have one morning at our friends' cabin)
  • An avocado, some onion and tomato = guaca-almost
  • Chips
  • Crackers
  • Cheese
What do you think? Are we missing anything?

When we were on our honeymoon, we did a road trip through California and did a LOT of hiking. We ate a lot of PBJ sandwiches, fruit, veggies and things like that for lunches that we could carry in our packs for when we were out on the trails. I think one weekend of being snowbuddies will be much easier!

I think we'll be fine, but I just have to make it through the weekend without breaking my arm or leg and we're good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment