Friday, August 9, 2013

Faith-Filled Friday: Up North

Good morning Crushers!

I am about 8 hours away from hopping in a van and heading to my favorite place: Up North. I don't know if this is true for other states, but in Wisconsin many people have an "Up North". If you're from the southern part of the state, you might just head up to Lake Geneva or The Dells. You may head to Eau Claire, Wausau, Hurley, Antigo, Door County, Minocqua or Bayfield. Whatever your "Up North" is, I hope you enjoy it!

Earlier this week, I shared a few photos of our Up North. Isn't it gorgeous? Although I'm an extrovert and I "recharge" by being around other people, I love being a bit unreachable Up North. You can only use a cell phone if you lean against the southwest bedroom's wall by the window. There is no Internet unless you go into town and your cell phone really starts to kick in. There is no cable TV, and if there is a thunderstorm you can bet that the power will go out. I don't mind sitting at the end of the dock doing nothing.

To me, these are the quiet waters that King David wrote about in Psalm 23.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.



I hope that everyone can find your own version of quiet waters, especially when you are busy or stressed out. It's the quiet times that can recharge even the most outgoing extrovert with prayer and peace.

Have a great weekend! You know I will be enjoying the dining experiences of supper clubs, fish fries and maybe even some really great BBQ ribs! Come back to see next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment