Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cook for Julia


The kitchen has always been my favorite room in the house. It is so versatile. You can grab a snack, learn something new, do your homework, have an argument, or spend time with your family. When I went to the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, I found a kitchen where I could see myself creating delicious meals. It was Julia Child’s kitchen.

This might be your mother’s kitchen. This could look like your grandmother’s kitchen, but I don’t know. I’ve never met your mother or your grandma. Then again, I was never able to meet Julia either. She died before I moved into my own apartment with my very own kitchen. However, I think our shared love of butter and having our kitchen tools in just the right place would have made us kitchen friends.

In honor of her would-have-been 100th birthday, inspired by food bloggers and PBS, I am starting my own blog to share the love of food today. PBS has a wonderful section of their website dedicated to “Cook for Julia”. So many of my favorite food bloggers are participating and kitchen fever caught me!

Please come back and check out my blog as I try out the recipes of my kitchen crushes from the celebrity to local should-be celebrity chefs to my parents and friends. Every kitchen has a story to tell and every cook should have a crush. After all, the secret ingredient in every delicious dish is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment