Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Party Food and Thanks

Hey Crushers,

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Mine was a whirlwind as usual. But that's the way I like 'em!

On Saturday, Mom and I went shopping for some fabulous new boots before going home to make some snacks for my sister's bachelorette party.

I made cupcakes and decorated them as matching lingerie sets:
We went a little crazy with the sprinkles too.
Did you know that you can bake sprinkles or colored sugar into the dough, so that it's like Funfetti (R) cake? It's awesome and you can do it in whatever color or color combo you like!


We had a few other snacks to munch on with fun labels!
In addition to getting to celebrate another milestone as my sister and her fiance get closer to their wedding day (11 days!), there was another important holiday to celebrate: Veteran's Day.

I sincerely hope that everyone in the US and around the world took a moment to say thanks either in prayer or directly to a soldier/veteran for the peace and freedom you have. If you are reading this and you are not in a country that has peace, we will all say a prayer for you that your country will soon know peace.

My great-grandfather served in WWI in the Army. My grandfather served in WWII in the Army along with my great-uncle and his cousins. Another great-uncle was a career Marine and served in both the Korean and Vietnam wars. I have some cousins who served in the Navy and in the Marines. Some made it home; some did not. I'm sure you know many others as well.

For those serving now, for those who served in the past, for the ones who made it home, for the ones who did not, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment