Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Taco trade off

Good morning!
I was all set to take pictures of our meal last night to share with you today, but although it tasted good, we think we won't make it again. I sort-of, kind-of followed the Taste of Home recipe for Baked Chicken and Acorn Squash. If I had actually used canned peaches and rosemary, it probably would have tasted really good. However, I didn't have either of them, so I though I would use some thyme instead since that goes good with chicken. Overall, it was very tasty (especially the squash!), so you should try it, but my red-pepper-loving husband asked for "more kick, less sweet". I had to agree.

Instead of sharing photos and such of the chicken and squash, I am going to share my sister-in-law, Beth's taco seasoning recipe. This way you get all the spice and none of those ingredients you can't even pronounce!

Beth's Homemade Taco Seasoning:
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp chili powder

1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or 1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)

Directions:
Add to ground meat (lean beef or turkey) and simmer with 3/4 cup water.

No comments:

Post a Comment