Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Resolution Check Up

Hey Crushers,

When I was a Y member, I thought I was a "regular". For 10 months out of the year, it was no problem to find a treadmill, room in the Zumba classes or your own lane for swimming laps. Then January hits and you have to go to the gym at crazy times just to have elbow room! Fortunately, around March you start getting your space back. While I definitely want everyone to live a happy and healthy life, I don't want to have to stalk a treadmill like a lion stalks a zebra.

Anyway, I thought I would revisit my post on my own New Year's Resolutions to make sure that I wasn't a March wimp-out.
  1. Run the Green Bay Cellcom Half Marathon. I can't say I completed this yet because the race isn't until May, but Steve and I have been pretty good about our training. We have logged over 75 miles of training time. Whoo hoo!
  2. Learn to make more breads. I literally just got back from the grocery where I bought flour for rye bread. I'm not kidding. I have made a TON of white bread, cinnamon raisin bread and even wheat bread. Boo-yah!
  3. Make more Asian-inspired dishes. I made dukbokki and stir fry. Some are hits and some are misses. It happens.
  4. Learn how to make pasta. Yeah, this hasn't happened yet.
  5. Beat my 5K PR. Since I haven't actually signed up for a 5K in a while, I guess I'll have to measure this one later. I am signed up for a 7K for later this month. I'll report back.
  6. Do 50 push ups in a row. I'm at 21. Thankfully, there's a lot of year left!
  7. Learn how to lay tile/flooring. Instead of replacing ALL of our floor, we are going to repair the part that is being funky. We are *gasp* selling our house, so the realtor advised us to repair it instead of replacing the floor since our home price is affected by a lot of surrounding foreclosed homes. Not only is this sad because people are losing their homes and that is truly tragic, but it makes a ripple effect through the entire economics of a neighborhood.
How are you doing with your resolutions? Making progress? Need motivation to get back in gear? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment