Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

Every so often, KariAnne at Thistlewood Farms takes a moment to stop and remind her readers that they are rock stars.

This is why I love KariAnne and want to meet her in person someday. Because she's a rock star too.

She reminds us all that there are some days where we don't feel like rock stars. We probably feel more like tired, old, has-been rock stars who may have partied too hard and just feel like crap. But those days are like Jenny Lawson from The Bloggess reminds us: lies. You really are a rock star. You are loved. You are cherished. You are important to someone somewhere even if it doesn't feel like it!

In KariAnne's blog post today, she asks that everyone share some joy today. The second I read that, I was all "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"

So, here's a little joy to make you smile today. Please feel free to keep spreading it!

1. We babysat for our nieces and nephews over the weekend. Ben, who is 6 and the big brother to two sisters and is therefore all knowing about baby girls, comes up to me and sticks his face right by my now-showing belly. He shouts, "HELLO IN THERE!" After asking if I thought that the baby could hear him, I responded, "I think she heard you and everyone in a two-house radius heard you too!"

2. This weekend is the Christmas Cookie Baking Marathon and my sister is hosting it at her house this year. Four women, 12+ cookie recipes, and the guys at home making rosettes and spritz cookies because they're good at that. When all is said and done we'll have about 500 cookies to eat and share. Sharing cookies = sharing joy!

3. My dad, the hardest person in the world to shop for, actually put together a Christmas list this year. WHOO!

4. We are 10 days away from owning our new home. Steve said he would plant me a tree or flowering bush (magnolia? crab apple?) for my very first Mother's Day this spring. Isn't that the cutest thing ever?

5. I was just asked to go snow-shoeing with a friend from work. Skiing is out this winter due to baby girl, but I could totally snow shoe! WIN!

6. Hot chocolate

7. Christmas lights

8. Indoor swimming pools at the local high school so prego ladies can stay fit.

9. People who are good listeners.

10. My family and friends.

Go make a list. You might surprise yourself at what makes your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment