Friday, April 24, 2015

Faith-filled Friday: Flowers

Hello Crushers!

The first tulip in our yard has bloomed. It makes my heart so happy! Today's Faith-filled Friday is going to be short and sweet.

Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. - Luke 12:27-31
Last night was a devastating episode of Grey's Anatomy. I won't go into the details in case you haven't seen it yet. However, if you know anything about Shonda Rhimes' shows, you know that she will kill off characters as fast as Julian Fellows (Downton Abbey) or the guy who wrote Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin. If none of those names mean anything to you, let's just say they knock off characters in a blink.

Anyway, I did not get to see the episode, but I did read the recap and it made me so mad. Was I sad about the characters? Yes, but I was more annoyed with how real it was. Unless the writer/director was trying to make a statement, I enjoy my TV to make me laugh or wondering whodunit. I watch enough news, thank you. I've had enough family members have difficulty with the medical field red tape. I don't need to watch it destroy a great character.

I don't need TV to make me worry. I can handle that all on my own.

The passage I picked for today is a great reminder for me. When I tend to worry, which happens more than I'd like to admit, I have to think of the flowers. They just grow. They have sunshine and water and they just grow. Yes, you can add fertilizer and such, but in almost any climate, you can find flowers. Cacti have them in the dessert. Tropical flowers can be found in an abundance near the equator. Even in snowy climates, spring pops up like my tulips.

God takes care of them. He takes even greater care of us. Let's not forget his great care, focus on his great blessings and worry less.

He knows we watch enough crap on TV. Heh.

Prayer request: My cousin's wife, Mari, has no more options left for her cancer treatment. Jim, my cousin, has set up home hospice care for her. Please ask for strength and peace for everyone involved. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment