I know that today is Friday, but a friend and I were talking about "Meatless Mondays" as a way to try more veggie-ful and (usually) less expensive meal options. We are very cost-conscious about our grocery bill, but we don't want to sacrifice trying new foods and flavors either. And, obviously, I love to cook, so we don't buy too many pre-packaged meals. At times, eating whole foods can get a little expensive. Not to say I don't love tossing a bag of french fries in the oven or enjoying a frozen pizza now and then!
Anyway, Erie (the aforementioned friend) and I decided to brainstorm some meatless options. Here they are in no particular order:
- Bean and Rice burrito
- Bean and Veggie tacos
- Huevos Rancheros (egg dish)
- Breakfast for dinner: eggs, omelets, quiche, frittata, pancakes, biscuits and gravy (with beans instead of sausage)
- Stir fry/fried rice with egg and/or beans
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Bean Soup
- Meatless Chili
- Loaded Baked Potatoes (use some of that chili!)
- Grilled veggie sandwiches
- Grilled mushrooms burgers
- Black bean burgers
- Homemade pizza with veggies
I got a wok for my birthday, so I'm thinking stir fry, but breakfast for dinner is calling my name!