Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stir Fry Fail

Morning Crushers!

Following our meal planning for the week, I made stir fry last night. I totally cheated and used frozen veggies, frozen shrimp and minute brown rice. I was SO hungry, that this was going to be a perfect meal ready in under thirty minutes full of lean protein, whole grains and veggies.

Well, what the heck?

I did this almost exact meal last week, except it had rice noodles in it last time. This week, the sauce was thin, the rice was weird, and it just wasn't the same! After running three miles in a gym and getting slightly dizzy (it's 30 laps), I was so, so hungry. The veggies were good and the shrimp were tasty, but the rice threw me off. Seriously? How do you screw up minute rice?

Hmm... Oh well. I still got lots of healthy food in one bowl. Plus, Steve made a pseudo apple turnover using leftover pizza dough. He kneaded sugar and cinnamon into the dough, spread it out over a cookie sheet, filled  half with apple pie filling and raisins, covered it with the other half of the dough, and baked it. It's like hand-held apple pie. WINNER!

How about you? Have you made stir fry?

No comments:

Post a Comment