Friday, November 8, 2013

Faith-filled Friday: Calling on you for help!

Good morning, Crushers!

Today I need your help. No, it's not for recipes, although I do love it when you send them. Today I need you to send up some prayers, good vibes, happy juju and all that on behalf of a friend. I have no idea what to ask for because she's not talking. When she's not talking, I know it's not good.

Here's the thing. Her mom is very sick. I know that her mom has many health issues and this is a complication of them, but that's all I know. This friend isn't really a "send over a casserole" type of person when something is wrong. She's a fabulous cook, and so are her brothers and dad. They will not starve. This is more of a "we just need to surround you with love" type of situation.

In my daily e-mail devotion, this was the passage today:
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
I have a feeling that Courtney, like most people, isn't feeling joy in the middle of this situation. She's probably feeling sad, angry, desperate, and stressed out. This is one of those times where you just need to pray for help. Just the one word. God will know what to do with it.


"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God." Romans 8:26-27
 So, no matter what you say, whether it's specific or just a "help!", thank you for being prayer warriors today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment