Friday, April 12, 2013

Faith-filled Friday (plus French Food)

Good morning crushers,

I don't know about where you live, but we have had nothing but rain since Monday. Some people have snow, some are having tornadoes and some are just soggy like southeastern Wisconsin. I'm hoping that all these April Showers are going to bring some gorgeous May Flowers!
www.weather.com
Fortunately, we do have one day that's only "Mostly Cloudy" that's coming up, and that's Saturday. That also happens to be the day of Gary's Gallop 5K, which is my alma mater's 5K. I've run it every year for the past 4 years. This year will be #5! I love my GG t-shirts so much because they're really comfy and I was even wearing one when we got engaged! (Please ignore the slightly blinded/crazed look. It was dark outside on the trail and that flash is BRIGHT!) I'm hoping for a new PR. I have to beat 29 minutes!
This t-shirt is perfect for camping, lounging, running, getting engaged...
I have two favorite Bible verses that I lean on when I'm either trying to just keep going (half marathon or long runs) or trying to beat a time. The first one is actually on my Road ID as a reminder!
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. The will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint. Isaiah 40:31
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 
So no matter what is thrown at you, God is there whether it is rain, rain and more rain which can drain you emotionally or if it is a physical hardship, He's there. He's right there with you going every mile to keep you and sustain you. As Gary Allen sang, "Every storm runs out of rain." Every hardship has to end. The puddles will dry up. The sun will come out. Hang in there everyone!

Remember how I said that Steve and I tried a fancy French restaurant last week? It was so good. Everything is so fresh, flavorful and French. They have a HUGE pastry case of desserts filled with everything from macaroons to citron tarts to napoleons to chocolate mousse. Sometimes I just like staring at the pastry case. I had a delightful dish of Faisan et Haricots Verts (pheasant breast with green beans served over pappardelle pasta). The au jus had a rich thyme flavor and everything was tender and cooked perfectly!

Yes, my bright camera flash startled a few people in the dimly lit restaurant.
We shared a bowl of asparagus soup as a starter and it was amazing! It was creamy, bright green and had a hint of nutmeg. I would have never thought to put those flavors together. Delicious! Since asparagus is on sale at the grocery, I'm inspired to make some of my own soup. Here is the recipe that I'm going to try from Eating Well. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment