Thursday, July 11, 2013

Burger bash

Good morning, Crushers!

Inspired by Tina's blog post today about burgers on Carrots 'N' Cake, I decided to share with you two of my favorite burger recipes. If I'm going out to eat, I love burgers with swiss cheese and mushrooms or avocado and fresh onions and tomato (I'm looking at you AJ Bomber's!). Ugh! I'm hungry now and it's only 10 a.m. I know that most people think that burgers are either with cheese or without (at least here in Wisconsin!), but there are so many variations on toppings that you can do. I'm not talking about toppings here, though. I'm talking about about what's in the actual burger patty. You can argue over ketchup and mustard later.

First up is Steve's recipe for burgers. The second that he made me one, I thought to myself, "For the rest of our lives, you are in charge of making this amazing burgers." His secret? Mushrooms and a little Worcestershire sauce. Second, is the Greek burgers that I learned to make from the Wildtree Freezer Meal party I went to. We love them and eat them all the time! I posted it just a little while ago, but I thought I'd post it again just in case.

Steve's Burgers
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef (at least 80% lean)
1/3 cup finely diced mushrooms
1/3 cup finely diced onions (you might want to pat them dry so the juice doesn't make the burgers fall apart)
2 slices of cheddar cheese crumbled
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Lowry's seasoning to taste

Mix all of the ingredients together in a big bowl (feel free to use your hands). Makes 6 small patties or 4 large patties perfect for the grill or griddle! Note: if the mix is too wet and it starts to crumble on you, you can  reduce the amount of mushrooms and onions.

Greek Burgers
Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1 heaping Tbsp Opa! Greek Seasoning from Wildtree (oregano, garlic, pepper)
2 ounces (half of a small container) of crumbled goat cheese or Feta cheese
1/2 onion, diced in tiny bits

1 egg
3/4 cup bread crumbs
Burger buns
salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Dice up the onions and then put the first six ingredients in a big bowl and squish together using your hands. I know you could use a spoon, but it's so much easier to just squish it up. Form the meat mixture into burger patties. Wash your hands before giving the frying pan a light coating of cooking spray. Cook the burgers about 4 minutes on each side. Serve on a bun (or bun-less) and enjoy!


The weather here is gorgeous for grilling! Maybe we'll make a few tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment