Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Virtual Running Date No. 15: Oh jetlag...

Good morning crushers!
I'm currently 3 people at work, so I'm sorry that my usual running blog post didn't go out on time. Also, jetlag sucks. Big time. Sorry for the blunt opinion, but I have never had such terrible jetlag.

If we were running this morning, I would tell you that two miles feels like a long, long way. This is a route that only has one hill near our house. We encountered very few neighbors, but those that we saw said a friendly hello. Since it's summer it gets too hot to run after work. Early morning runs are better for heat control and low ozone levels. Plus, it forces me to get up and out of bed!

If we were running this morning, I would tell you that I am seriously in need of a trip to the library. My home library has been read-through a number of times now. I need some fresh pages! Our book club's latest book is "Here I Go Again" by the always hilarious, Jen Lancaster. If you haven't read it already, READ HER STUFF. Especially "Bitter is the New Black". A-Mazing. Cracks me up! I'm spending my lunch hour running to the library. The big, gorgeous, central library in downtown Milwaukee. It smells good. It smells like books and learning and adventure. Also, the kids section has a giant lighthouse that you can climb up in to sit and read. How cool is that?

If we were running this morning, I would tell you that I got to meet one of my friends' first baby last night. Little Miss Evelyn is adorable. What a doll! We brought over Greek turkey burgers, oven roasted potatoes and a fresh green salad with parsley from the garden and some nasturtium flowers (totally edible and kind of peppery). Since Evelyn's mommy, Alicia, had a c-section, she was more than happy to just chill on the couch, while I took over her kitchen. Her husband, Jason, also enjoyed it!
Colorful salads have lots of vitamins!
Greek Burgers:
1 pound ground turkey
1 heaping Tbsp Opa! Greek Seasoning from Wildtree (oregano, garlic, pepper)
2 ounces (half of a small container) of crumbled goat cheese or Feta cheese
1/2 onion, diced in tiny bits
1 egg
3/4 cup bread crumbs
Burger buns
salt and pepper to taste

Gear you'll need: Frying pan or grill, flipper (spatula), some cooking spray, knife, big bowl

Directions: Dice up the onions and then put the first six ingredients in a big bowl and squish together using your hands. I know you could use a spoon, but it's so much easier to just squish it up. Form the meat mixture into burger patties. Wash your hands before giving the frying pan a light coating of cooking spray. Cook the burgers about 4 minutes on each side. Serve on a bun (or bun-less) and enjoy!

Yeah, it's really that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment