Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Virtual Running Date No. 23: Steve cooks

Hello Crushers!

If we were on a virtual running date, I would tell you that I'm so full of potato pancakes that I couldn't possibly eat another. Remember that post where I tried to make them and failed miserably? No? Me either!

Anyway, if we were on a virtual running date, I would tell you that Steve is the potato pancake man of the house! He came up with the recipe himself and it was delicious! My parents invited everyone over for a fish fry to eat up all the fish we caught up north. We tried. Oh how we tried. My parents still have fish in their freezer!

I'm hoping this means there will be another fish fry soon...

Anyway, Steve used his Grandma's secret pancake recipe and added about 4 potatoes (grated), 1 tsp thyme, 1 medium onion (diced), salt and pepper to taste and that's it. Oh, he omitted the sugar from the pancakes. I can't tell you the whole recipe, but I bet if you made some Bisquick batter and added the ingredients I mentioned above, you would come up with something pretty close.

Here are the Steve Cooks photos:
On the griddle

The batter

The first couple of complete pancakes ready to go!

The happy chef!
 Isn't he cute?

Anyway, if we were on a virtual running date, I would tell you that we have a new niece! She is adorable. Our newest family member, Natalie, will get spoiled just like all the other little ones. I can't wait! We have one more little family member to welcome, and that's the nephew we have due in October. One from each side of the family! Does anyone know if Toys R' Us has a rewards program? Just kidding...



No comments:

Post a Comment