Friday, January 31, 2014

Faith-filled Friday: Patience is a virtue - but it's really hard!

Hello all,

If there is anything that you must learn in life, it's patience. You're always waiting in line for something or for a timer to go off or the bell to ring or for traffic to move or all sorts of things. The campus pastor at my alma mater sends out an e-mail every morning with the title "Let each day begin with prayer." Yesterday's verse was from Genesis talking about how long Noah, his family and all those animals sat on the ark until it came to rest.

17 days and 7 months.

Can you imagine living in what's basically a floating barn for that long? I love animals and all, but I don't think I could do that. But they did!

I didn't think I could be patient in weight loss, but then 20 pounds went away in a little less than a year.

I wasn't so patient in waiting to meet Steve, but then he was in the right place at the right time for me to meet him.

I am trying to be patient with learning how to manage gestational diabetes so that when I finally get to meet our daughter, she's a healthy kiddo!

Whenever I think that I can't wait for something, I'm going to try and remember how long Noah was stuck on that ark with his family and all those animals for so long. And it's not just an endurance thing. God put a beautiful rainbow in the sky when it was all over promising Noah that this would never happen again. When you are patient, there will be a rainbow at the end of whatever it is that you're waiting out.

One thing that I'm waiting for:
To be able to eat foods without calculating all the grams of carbs! On the plus side, I got to eat a rather fabulous quesadilla last night with veggies and chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment