Friday, February 14, 2014

Faith-filled Friday: Love is all around

Hello Crushers!

We had a very interesting day at our office yesterday. They are doing work on the floor above us. It sounds like drilling, sawing and dropping heavy objects. All. Day. Long. It's kind of ridiculous how loud it is. Fortunately, it's not an all day thing.

You know why? Because yesterday afternoon they hit a major pipe and there was water coming through our ceiling!

Fortunately, it wasn't over my desk. It was over the space between our cubicles, but there was some splashing going on. The ceiling tiles got all soggy and gross, and there was a real steady stream of water coming down. At the end of the day, we were all asked to clear our desks and cover our computers and phones with gigantic plastic bags.

My desk looked so empty. I took all my pictures down and hid them under my desk. I have a fun picture of Steve and I from our wedding up with the passage below on a post it next to it:

Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go - Solomon 3:4
I haven't put all of the photos back up yet. I might not do that for a little while, since the banging, sawing and clamor started up again about an hour ago. You never know when another pipe might break!

However, I did put that photo of us back up. After all, I found him. I will not let him go.

Whoever you're with today, whether it's a family member, your spouse or significant other, or friends (new or old), show them a little love today on Valentine's Day. For God so loved the world that he gave us his son. The least we can do is show extra love to each other today and every day.

Quilt update:
It's all done and waiting for a little baby to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment