Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Requested Recipe - Hurry-Up Chicken Pot Pie

Last night I made a hurry-up version of Chicken Pot Pie based on this recipe from Real Simple. I only had a little time between work and hosting book club to run to the grocery store, so I'm calling this a hurry-up version because it has very few ingredients. They called it Chicken and Dumplings, but everyone who ate it last night at book club thought it was more pot-pie-like. Either way it was pretty tasty. When I was describing it to my friend Courtney, she asked me to put it on the blog to share. Here you go!

Sorry I don't have pictures now, but I'll get some later unless the leftovers get eaten!

Ingredients:
  • 1  3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken
  • 1  10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1  10.75-ounce can condensed cream-of-mushroom soup
  • 1-ish cup milk
  • 1/4  teaspoon salt
  • 1/4  teaspoon black pepper
  • 1  8 or 10-count tube refrigerated biscuits (I used the reduced fat ones)

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 400° F and gather a big bowl for mixing and a 13" x 9" baking dish.
  2. Shred the rotisserie chicken with a fork or pick it clean and chop up with a knife. 
  3. Combine the chicken, vegetables, soup, salt, pepper, and 1-ish cup milk in a large bowl and stir until you don't have any lumps of soup left. When I say "1-ish" cups of milk, what I did was fill the soup can with milk so I didn't have to make a measuring cup dirty and give myself more dishes to do.
  4. Transfer the mixture to the oven-safe baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
  5. Remove the foil, cover the filling with the biscuits, and bake until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment