Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Winner, winner! Chips for dinner?

I won! I won!

I'm going to be that cliched person who says, "I never win anything", which is mostly true for my participation in contests.

I love the Food Network's blog, FN Dish, because I crush on almost all of the chefs who have shows on the Food Network. There are great recipes, tips and tricks, interviews with chefs, and contests! They recently had a contest where all you had to do was comment on "What is your favorite afternoon snack?" (banana and peanut butter)

I commented and I was one of the lucky winners of the prize drawing! Whoot! Thanks to the Food Network and Mediterranean Snacks, I'm the hit of the office with these treats!

My prize pack included a tote bag, one bag of Hummuz chips, two bags of Baked Lentil Chips,
a chip clip, and some sunflower temporary tattoos. Thanks Mediterranean Snacks!

Since this is a food blog and all, I figured I'd review the snacks I won. Please note, that I'm not being paid for this. I just like sharing good news.

Fancy chip chart

As you can see by my very fancy chart, I've got two types of Baked Lentil Chips and one kind of Hummuz chips. The Baked Lentil Chips are a pretty awesome snack. Not only did they taste great, but you can have about 20 of these chips for only 110 calories! They're gluten free, a pretty good source of fiber and protein, and they taste great. They are very light in weight and texture, so I don't know if I'd use them for dipping. These chips taste pretty great on their own.

The Hummuz chips are "lighter than a cracker, sturdier than a chip," so they would probably be a pretty great dipping chip. From reading the ingredients, they're basically hummus in chip form. They have a slightly different aftertaste, but that could just be the roasted red pepper flavor. They are low in fat, are a pretty good source of fiber and protein, and you can have 14 chips for 120 calories.

Both are tasty, but the few people at work and my husband reported that they liked the Baked Lentil Chips better in this totally non-scientific taste test. Out of the three products we got to try, the Parmesan Garlic flavor was the favorite. I'd definitely buy these for a party.

In fact, I really hope that the guys don't eat them all up before I get home from choir practice tonight. My husband and his friends have a weekly card night, so I'll be making a snack for them when I get home and blogging about it later! We're so Wisconsin - they're playing sheepshead, will probably have a few brandy-based drinks, and eat cheesy snacks. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment