Thursday, June 6, 2013

Prayer warriors, Wildtree beer bread, and pasta for dinner

Hi Crushers!

I have to say a huge thank you to all of my friends (who read the blog or not) who have been awesome prayer warriors lately. My grandma has been having some lower GI tract issues that I won't talk about here because they're kind of gross, and went to the hospital yesterday to have it figured out. She's 96 and is only one month away from her birthday (she's a Independence Day baby!). A little GI issues should not stop this woman, but they did throw everyone for a loop back in 2011 when Steve and I got engaged and again yesterday. She ended up having to stay overnight and then have a procedure done today. When you're as old as my grandma is, even if you don't act like it (and she doesn't!), that's risky to have anesthesia.

I'm really excited to say that she made it through her procedure. Now I know we're not in the clear yet, but I am leaving in one week (AH!) for Australia, so things are crazy around here anyway. I just hope that she feels better soon. I also hope that everyone has renewed strength for whatever lies ahead!

My Alma Mater's mascot is a warrior (like a knight, not a Native American). As a religious school, we were encouraged to be prayer warriors for each other spending time talking to God and building our prayer lives. Within the last year, many of my girlfriends from college have been calling on each other to be prayer warriors for each other and lift each other up. Whether it is in thanks or in "oh help" messages, we've been there. We've followed the call to "pray continually" message from 1 Thessalonians 5. It has been awesome to have those ladies to reach out to. I hope you all have a group like that!

I also hope that you always find the words when you need them. Although, "help" covers a lot and God knows what you mean! I recently saw a meme on Pinterest that said something to the effect of "the power of prayer doesn't depend on the person who is praying. It depends on the One listening." So true.

Anyway, I have two food-related items to tell you about since Grandma is one of my kitchen crushes and all. First, a short review of Wildtree's Whole Wheat Beer Bread. The bread is stupid-easy to make. Mix beer and bread mix and bake. EASY. It's also delicious with a little bit of butter and jam.

Second, unless something major happens with Grandma, I'm still going to host book club tonight (we read "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand A.Mazing!). I'm also making this springy pasta primavera for dinner thanks to Iowa Girl Eats. I love it when I think, "Gee, I have no idea what to make" and BOOM. My favorite blog writers have an answer. Love it! I will probably make it exactly as it is written except for the fact that I bought green and yellow squash, and I might throw in a little cauliflower since I don't have 2 cups of broccoli. Can't wait for dinner!

Thanks everyone and know that I'm praying for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment