Sunday, June 16, 2013

Virtual Running Date 14: AUSTRALIA!

G'day Crushers!

Yes, that's right. I'm blogging from Australia. Although I'm working from 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. (or later) every day, we do have some down time to check our personal e-mail and things. Tonight we have our "Opening Ceremony" for our meeting and there will be aboriginal dancers performing the "Dreamtime" dance, a choir singing, and there will most likely be some koalas. KOALAS!

If this were a virtual running date, I would tell you how gorgeous the Sydney Opera House is, how weird it is to have the sun rise over the Pacific Ocean, how wonderful the food is, and how kind all of the people are. I would also tell you how I was thisclose to trying to talk my way into getting the meeting organizer to let me participate in a 5K race around Darling Harbor. Ah well.

I promise more pictures later, but I actually have to remember to take some with my phone and not just my regular camera.

If this were a virtual running date, I would also tell you that Grandma is still in the hospital. Keep praying please. This is kind of hard being so far away from my family when I could be helping at home. Fortunately, everyone understands that this is a trip of a lifetime. Also, Grandma loves adventure, so she would be excited for us to be around the world.

I'll report back on more later!


No comments:

Post a Comment