Friday, October 25, 2013

Faith-filled Friday: Another hour

Good morning, Crushers!

When I've got more on my plate than I thought I could handle, I have been known to say, "If I could just have another hour in the day..." to get things done, to read, to clean, to cook, to relax, to whatever. It would be nice. But then I know I would just fill that other hour with crap and still be stressed out. It's just a fact.

Last night, the house hunt continued, but we found one promising home, so I set out to do some research on the neighborhood from schools to crime reports. Then we got some other facts in about the house that were kind of distressing, but not bad enough that I wouldn't move right in and cook you all dinner. The distressing part was that we got the news right before going to bed. Nothing like a factoid to keep your brain running, right?

That's when Steve said, "Well, let's pray." We pray every night before we go to bed. For us, it's not only a time to continue the tradition of praying before bedtime as we did when we were little children. Instead of just reciting "Now I lay me down to sleep", it's more of a conversation with God. Steve knew just then that we didn't need to keep repeating all of the stuff we learned. We need a 1 Peter 5:7 moment:
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Yeah, it's really that easy. And difficult. And blessedly simple. Sometimes all you need to do is give it to God and let go. The letting go is the hard part. However, I can tell you from personal experience that letting go and giving your problem to someone that you know will take care of it is really a great feeling. You can take a load off and know that it's covered. If you've got something you're hanging on to, I suggest you take a hop over to 1 Peter 5 and let go. You'll be glad you did!

 Speaking of counting on others, it is a race weekend! It's not just a regular 5K race weekend. This is the Fall 50, a 50-mile relay race that I'm participating in with a team of 5. Thankfully, I have a great team that is willing to give me some of the shorter legs. And not just because I'm short! Ha ha... OK, bad joke. Anyway, we'll be spending time in Door County, WI doing the "Most scenic race in the Midwest!" How cool is that?

Pictures on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment