Wednesday, October 16, 2013

World Food Day 2013: Help end hunger!

I have recently heard myself complain that I need a freezer to help store all this food that I'm prepping for the coming weeks' meals. While I don't think there is anything wrong with being able to enjoy food and drink responsibly, it also reminds me that those who have the ability to help, should.

October 16 is World Food Day 2013! Please consider helping those who have trouble providing food for themselves and their families. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Donate food or dollars to your local food pantry.
2. Help serve a meal at a homeless shelter, women's shelter, Ronald McDonald House, or other charity.
3. Make a meal for a family member or neighbor to show you care.
4. Grow a garden (or plan one, since it's fall) and share the bounty with others.
5. Take a good hard look at how much food you waste. I'm not saying that you should stuff yourself just so that you don't throw things away from your plate, but instead, look at what foods are wasting away in your fridge or pantry.
6. Share the news with others:
Together we can help fight hunger in our neighborhoods and around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment