Monday, October 21, 2013

Virtual Running Date No. 29: Babies and Houses and Recipes, Oh My!

Good morning, Crushers!

I am tired this morning. And I have to confess, that instead of having a virtual running date this weekend, I would have invited you for a nice walk and a cup of hot chocolate or coffee or something. I'm tired. We spent last weekend in a whirlwind of meeting our new baby nephew, Dylan, and then looking for a new house. We saw 10 houses, and I only kind of clearly remember 3 of them. And even then, I think I'm a little mixed up.

If we were on a coffee walk, I would tell you that new babies are wonderful and they smell good and they only have the tiniest cry. I know that that cry will eventually turn into something much louder, but for now, it's tiny. Just like Dylan. What a sweetheart! His big brother, Patrick, is also very much in love with him. We knew he would like Dylan, but we didn't know if he would like him right away or not. Now we know!

If we were on a coffee walk, I would tell you about how all of the houses we saw were special in their own way, but some were special in a negative way. There was one house that gave me the heebie-jeebies. I felt like I had walked into Little Red Riding Hood's cabin and I was waiting for a big bad wolf to come attack. Not cool. I got lost in the basement of one of them. It was deceptively big.

If we were on a coffee walk, I would tell you about how my friend, Erie, keeps sending me wonderful recipes that I keep forgetting to try. Because of that, I'm going to share them here with you:

Mango Beef Stir Fry from Everything in the Kitchen Sink

Bloomer Bread from Paul Hollywood (Erie's baking crush)

Baked Oatmeal in a Mug from Food and Whine

Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breasts (or thighs) with Herbed Goat Cheese (you could just use Boursin cheese to save yourself some steps)

I'm going to go follow my nose to some coffee now. If I can get up from my computer, that is. So tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment