Monday, October 7, 2013

Virtual Running Date No. 27: Fall running

Hey Crushers,

I'm happy to report that I did not fall while running. However, if this were a virtual running date, I would be happy to run with you through all the gorgeous fall leaves! Thankfully, the weather let up enough over the weekend for a nice long run on Saturday morning.

Where we run along the parkway was bustling with activity between rain showers. Kids were playing soccer, there was a walk for Alzheimer's awareness, a farmers' market, people eating brunch, runners, bikers, and walkers (both two- and four-legged). Steve and dodged the leashes, strollers and leaf piles (they were a little wet, so they were slippery). Nothing like nature turning into an obstacle course!

If this were a running date, I would tell you about the amazing frozen yogurt that we had over the weekend. Imagine this: apple pie flavored fro-yo, topped with chopped nuts, granola and a little (yeah, yeah, a lot) of caramel sauce. Yum! I encourage you to indulge a bit in all things apple this weekend! Sunday night, I had a friend invite me over to have some coffee and apple crisp. Of course I was going to go! Who turns down a good apple crisp in October? No one.

If this were a running date, I would confess that I'm really looking forward to fall break. I'm teaching a college course on top of every thing else, so one day off of teaching sounds like a blessing right now. I can use that time to write the next exam and prepare for the rest of the semester instead of doing it so last minute. How about you? Aren't you looking forward to a bit of a slow down before November and December?

If this were a running date, I would also tell you that I'm so excited to be an auntie again! My brother and sister-in-law are expecting Baby #2 any day now (most likely a week from today). How fun! More baby snuggles!

One more thing: the roasted chicken I talked about in this post? Yeah, it was delicious! Look for it in an up coming post!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and got to be outside for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment