Friday, October 11, 2013

Faith-filled Friday: Car Conversations



Good morning, Crushers!

As you know, last weekend we had our friend Kalie visit us from Texas. You know how they say everything is bigger in Texas? I think that her ability to talk to people about her faith follows that saying. This girl is not afraid to share her love of Jesus with anyone. She also tells me about all of the times when something happens and she has to get in her car and then drive somewhere.
"Jen, you have no idea how many times I get in the car and ask God what he wants me to do?"

Texas Necklace
Source
I laughed and said that she should write a book about all of her car conversations. Then I started realizing all of the time that I have chats with God in the car when I'm by myself. Lots of times in the past, I know I have asked God where something is going. Sometimes I pray that I don't get rear-ended. Sometimes I ask God to keep me safe on a journey. Sometimes I just rant and rave when I've had a rough day. Sometimes I just sing along really loudly with the radio when it's playing some awesome song on K-LOVE. Car conversations with God can be really amazing.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11
God knows where we're going. He has a plan. Sometimes it's just really hard to see it. This week has been no exception! We've got what feels like 10 balls in the air that we're trying to keep going. Hopefully, we'll be able to set a few aside, but until then, I'm asking God for some good balance and hand-eye coordination!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment